Sunday, September 28, 2008

Christie's Assignment #1


Big Window/ Create Flat light.
This was shot with a 50 mm lens.  ISO 400.  1/40. 3.2

Soft window Light/  Close to window/ light and shadow on face.
Not my favorite shot, but shot with 50 mm lens. 1/40 f 3.2  iso 400
Both of the above photos were taken here in my living room, using my dark brown sofa as a back drop.  

Small Window/Small Amount of light/ Can you make it work?
Shot with 50 mm.  1/40. f 3.2.  iso 400

 I didn't have a good small window, so I created one out of the above window, by drawing the curtains, and having Liza hold a black trifold over the top portion.  Some thing like this....


 Move Outside/ Get subject in Shade/ Look for Catchlights in the eyes.
This was taken at about 5:40pm, so the light was good, didn't really need to find shade.  Had Tori look at the white house across the street and the sky to get catch lights.
Shot with 50 mm.  1/200.  f 3.2  iso 400 (should have gone down and slowed the shutter for clarity, but oh well)  Here's the spot.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

You really get beautiful skin tone. Is it just the time of day, or are you changing the white balance setting?

Also, are you using a tripod? Or is she (and you) just still enough to go down to 40?

September 29, 2008 at 5:11 AM  
Blogger erin sheely said...

Those are beautiful shots. I agree with Cami about the skin tones, fantastic.

September 29, 2008 at 7:02 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Cami, with any other child, I would have NO BUSINESS being down that slow with the shutter, but Tori is a unique model. No, I didn't use a Tripod. Some of the skin tone can be attributed to time of day, some to PS.

September 30, 2008 at 6:06 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Great job Christie! These are gorgeous. The skin really does look good, especially against that fair hair. I love the golden hue to them. Did you warm them up on PS or was the light warm like that? In the soft light picture did you soften the focus?

October 3, 2008 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Sorry this took so long!

#1 GORGEOUS! She looks like an old Hollywood movie star. No cc here!

#2. Will cc this one with you in person.

#3. Great job! I love the small window you created. For cc- there is a strange green cast where the light and shadow meet on her face on this one and the one above. I don't get it....maybe Chinooks dog bed was close by or it could have been created during your post processing. ?? The prettiest light is on her nose/mouth, so I would have had her lower her chin just a touch...because she would have done it and held still! =)

#Simply lovely! Nice catch lights, nice light...clapping for you!

October 8, 2008 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

I looked at your pictures on Lincoln's monitor and the green cast is almost gone, I would love to see it on your monitor to compare! Please print you photos for the next group too! =)

October 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home