Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cami Assignments #2

Ok, so I'm a little scared, but I'm going to post my pictures or else I'll just keep taking them forever and keep editing them forever and whatnot. It's been a couple weeks . . . we've got to start sometime! Also, I want to see what others are doing, so I'll be first and inspire others to post. (Please post.)

Assignment #1: 12 shots of one object.

I did an apple first, and actually, I like them, but I wanted more practice, so I did my viola and I liked them better. I didn't edit any of these (actually, I did, but I am showing my original shots). I actually only REALLY like one of these shots, but here are my best three anyway:

50mm ISO 400 1/80 F2.5
(I like this one because it really shows off the color of my viola.)

50mm ISO 400 1/200 F2.5
(I don't know why I really like this shot. I just liked the shapes, I guess!)

50mm ISO 400 1/100 F2.5
(This one's my favorite. There are flaws, but this thing was harder to photograph than you might think! To me, this one looks genuine.)


Assignment #2: Favorite Things

Here is my little "life in pictures" montage. I had a couple more collections in mind, but I decided to just stick with these for now rather than forcing pictures I'd rather find candids of. These ones, I DID edit (some of them), but just colors and things, not composition. Here they are:

Sweaters, Scarves, and Boots
This one is not just about fall clothing. I DO love fall, love dressing in cozy layers, etc., but this is more representative of how I just love to be cozy. I like comfort. I like to feel warm and safe against the cold while enjoying the view. This is a snapshot of my comfort zone.

Music Room
I am so glad Jeri told me to save this picture, because I hated the original but I love this one. I wanted to show my love for playing and listening to beautiful music, as well as covey that this is something I do for work. Having an instrument laying about my piano or living room is pretty common, so it feels real to me. It is also representative of all types of music, not just classical, that make up a huge part of my life.

Pile of Books
Of course, I am a big reader. I love reading, especially classic literature. I feel like I'm always knee-deep in books I want to read, and my ideal day would definitely involve several hours cozied up in my bed or hammock with a good book or two. So I felt like a big stack of my favorites would be a good set-up. The book in the foreground is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which is my favorite, and which I keep coming back to year after year. This photo is representative also of my quest for continuing education and enlightenment--not to mention entertainment!

Ready to Rock
I wanted to leave out pictures of people, so this picture is representing my motherhood. Just looking at this chair takes me back to the time I've spent rocking, cuddling, singing and reading to my three babies. It has been in each of their nurseries, and has seen some of the happiest moments in my life. I really wanted to show that cozy, happy feeling I get with this picture.

I guess I didn't put the specs on those last ones, but it's late and maybe I'll put them up later . . .

I have absolutely LOVED doing this assignment, and I feel like it's something I can keep adding to. I chose one direction, but I thought of so many other ways to do it. I am excited to see how you all interpreted it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

I am smiling ear to ear! You did such a fantastic job and you should be so proud.

You have inspired me tonight! I can't wait until the sun comes up so I can work on mine.

November 2, 2008 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Well done friend - your favorites about yourself are great - I like the treatment on the piano/viola one. I am betting that you ended up brightening the one of your chin rest?

November 3, 2008 at 3:06 AM  
Blogger Cami said...

I cropped it a little and lightened it, and actually did a little antiquey treatment on it--it's on Flickr.

November 3, 2008 at 5:45 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I loved them all Cami. nice work

November 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Bobblehead-ology said...

Gorgeous photos. They look like magazine photos to me.

November 18, 2008 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Cami, I thought I'd already commented on these! Sorry. I love them. Such good use of framing and cropping to tell the story. They invite one in-I like the intimacy. Well done.

November 23, 2008 at 5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home