Jen's #1
Soft window light/Close to window/ Light and Shadow on face.
This is the set up. I have a sliding glass door that gets unobstructed sunlight in the afternoon. The images were taken in the early evening, starting after 6pm.
Window #2
Small window/ small amount of light/ Can you make it work?
This window in my kids back bedroom is a good size, but the leafy canopy allows for minimal light coming in.
I found that as I shot pictures here and outside under the trees the catchlights were less pronounced; more like twinkling lights than a bright ray.
Window #3
Big window/create flat lighting (no shadows on your subject)
This image was taken in my dining room with the sliding glass door as the "big window" around 4:30pm.
1/80 F5.6 ISO 100 50mm
Black and White
or
Color?
This was taken on the shady side of the wooden Pirates Ship.
1/30 F6.3 ISO 100 33mm
Big window/create flat lighting (no shadows on your subject)
This image was taken in my dining room with the sliding glass door as the "big window" around 4:30pm.
Outside
Move outside/ get your subject in the shade/ Look for catchlights in the eyes.
Our trip to Clark's Elioak Farm afford me a photo session with my kiddos. While I wish they had cooperated just a little better. I was able to get some shots I liked. I chalk it up to shooting OVER 200 images in less than 2 hours than their willingness to have a camera pointed at them. Here is one of Owen. Help me answer the question...


Move outside/ get your subject in the shade/ Look for catchlights in the eyes.
Our trip to Clark's Elioak Farm afford me a photo session with my kiddos. While I wish they had cooperated just a little better. I was able to get some shots I liked. I chalk it up to shooting OVER 200 images in less than 2 hours than their willingness to have a camera pointed at them. Here is one of Owen. Help me answer the question...
Black and White
or
Color?
This was taken on the shady side of the wooden Pirates Ship.
1/30 F6.3 ISO 100 33mm

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home