kj assignment #1

Hopefully this post will make others feel okay to post their photos.... or maybe I'm the only one who has photos that don't look like Jeri took them. The first photo is an outdoor photo, probably around noon. It was taken under the shade of a tree. It was taken with a long zoom lens. All my photos were taken on the auto selection with the flash off. I'm still having problems figuring out how to use the controls on my camera to adjust aperture settings on aperture only mode. I don't have the settings right now for the camera - I downloaded them quickly without looking up the settings on the camera, and I don't have photo editing software on my computer. I'll try to upload them to Shutterfly and post settings later - I think I've seen the photo setting info on the files I have at that service.

The second photo was taken around 5pm inside. The kiddies are laying on the ground a few feet from a large window that was open. I am standing over them with the 50mm zoom lens on the camera. This is my desperate attempt to safely shoot a toddler and a newborn. I guess this would be the diffuse indoor light assignment.

This photo is my indoor with shadow picture. I can't remember the time of day. The window is a few feet to her left.

Grrrr.... I cannot find dark places in my house. The light floods in everywhere - even in the one or two interior rooms without an actual window. Then the light comes from under the door. Anyway, this is my attempt in a dark bathroom with a door open... I needed a tripod and some more patient subjects.

4 Comments:
Kathy, I think they're GREAT! Stop berating. I especially like the first shot. Very fun with the smirk behind her.
You will find you'll get lots more control when you figure out your camera. Have you read your manual? It really helps. I'll let Jeri give you CC.
That third one is my FAVORITE. Her eyes just POP. Great composition too. I think all that light helped make it really crisp :)
Kathy, You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. These are lovely! Because I will see you tomorrow I will go over your photos with you.
I will mention one thing I have learned over the years....A photograph doesn't have to be perfect to move you, and if it moves you then something must be right! That is the way I feel about your last photo....there are technical flaws, BUT WHO CARES! You can love your photographs, and you should...but just keep learning and keep getting better.
Beautiful, Kathy! I love that you were capturing relationships. That's challenging and these are really evocative!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home