Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm Baaaaaaaaack.

So, I'm going to haunt you from Utah-land and still be in your group. Too bads for you. :)

I am finally finished with my cool colors pics. For some reason these color-inspired shots are not so inspiring for me! I didn't love my warm colors either, but it sure does make me think about things. One day I'll have FABULOUS color studies. Anywho . . .

GREEN
This is a swing in Jake's backyard in Oregon.
Does it look a little sad? I was trying to be more nostalgic . . .


PURPLE
Best I could get, folks.

BLUEI have others a little more blue in volume,
but this one was the bluest in focus.
So it wins.
There they are.

And now for my two-panel collage. I made six of these to choose from and I just couldn't figure out which one! They all had problems, and they all had something I liked, so it was hard. I have them all on my photography wannabe site, and I'll post them in our flickr group so you can see the others, but I'll just close my eyes and point to choose one for the group:

Oh, I couldn't decide. Since the baby gets all the glory, I'll put one of each of the boys, just to be fair.

Ethan Beach Time
So, here's my Ethan digging and running. Not really a different perspective of the same thing, but same event at least. Don't look too closely. In the first shot, I took a girl off Ethan's nose and I didn't do a great job.

Jeffy Beach Time
I like this collage because the pictures work together, but the shot is from behind each time, so not the best perspective one. I have one of him with the soaked picture after the wave hit him, but, well, I just chose, ok?

If you go look at my other ones, tell me which you like best--or go ahead and look through my flickr pics and show me which ones would make a better collage.

I'll fix sizes and put specs in later. I'm late picking up kids.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

Lovely. I'm just glad you're here! I haven't looked at anything on Flickr yet, so little more than cheerleading here, but I really like the blue picture of the baby. With the swing picture, you could try adjusting the saturation for faded look or go the other way and try popping the color in PS, but even as it is, with the lovely composition, I definitely think it reads nostalgic, not sad.

April 11, 2009 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Bobblehead-ology said...

i love beach photos. i like the jeffy and jane ones best.... i have yet to check the other sites. can you post a link to the flicker account so i don't have to dig through all the old blogs here to find it? on the swing - i don't think it looks sad - using the low aperture helps to blur the metal fence, which might have made it look more sad if it were in focus.

April 21, 2009 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger Bobblehead-ology said...

also glad you are here. i like seeing what everyone's assignments.

April 21, 2009 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

I am so glad you are still going to join us!!!

The beach photos are perfect! The perspectives are different for you, but still classic and wonderful! We have seen a lot of close up perspectives, and it is nice to scoot WAY back too!

Look at your brave boy in that COLD water! I am impressed!

The color shots are great! I can't wait to see all of the color shots on a wall together!

April 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home