KJ self portrait assignment

1/500, f2.8 50 mm
I felt so vain doing this assignment. But it is nice to have some pictures of myself to put in our family album. I've turned into quite the ghost in that book. I think the hardest thing about this assignment is framing the photo without being behind the camera. I used a remote button to take the pictures (as is very obvious with the kid shots). I used the 2-second delay on the one of myself. But I couldn't bring myself to do that with the kids.... too many bad memories of trying to take a picture with my old camera and having to wait 2 seconds while the moment passed and while the camera thought about how to take the photo. It was hard to think of doing a self-portrait without including props that dominate my life, hence the kids, camera & mother day's necklace naomi picked out. I couldn't decide which I liked best.



5 Comments:
Oh I love them! The first one of you with your children is my favorite! The light and color is fantastic! You make a lovely subject. =)
SO SO FUN!! I agree with Jeri, that one is my favorite too. WELL DONE!
So great! I was really wishing for a remote button on this one. I love he second one the best. So great.
These are sooo fun! Totally frame-able. The one with your kids is fantastic. And I like you holding your camera in the self portrait
These are just great. The one of you with your camera is great, too. Nicely done.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home