Corinne's Assignment #2
#1. Take an object. Photograph it 12 times. Get creative and make each shot different! Use different angles and experiment with your composition.
I chose to photograph a little glass I bought at the thrift store. Because my table is nasty I used a red tablecloth to cover it and add some color, since the glass is transparent and I didn't iron it to add some texture. I set it up in my kitchen in the early morning when I was getting bright sunlight through my big window, like this:
Here are the three I think I like best. These are un-cropped originals, I think in one of them I had to fiddle with the color a bit :)
#2. This assignment is about you and creating an storytelling image.
This was fun for me. I tried to think about the things that give me joy in my daily life and the things that define me in a secular way.
This one I fiddled with a tiny bit to brighten it and give it that slight black border. My mom gave me this statue for my birthday a couple years ago and I love having it on my bookself. Her open book is held close but she's aware of the world around her.
This one I didn't even set up - I was making my lunch while we were on a picnic in Ohio last month. I had my camera out just as I was going to eat it :) My husband harasses me about my love of peanut butter and jelly and Cheetos sandwhiches, but they make me so happy. I think this idea is like me in that I do things that are generally normal and good, but I also like to do them my own way :)
This last one is my way of illustrating my love of going and doing. I tried to do it with a suitcase too but I didn't like them - the keys got washed out and I decided I wanted the keys to be a part of my focus - since I spent so much time in the car. My kids and I have taken so many neat adventures in my van, it's how we get ourselves to our house of worship, our schools, our activities, our vacations. We share music in there together, listen to stories and sometimes it's the only time we actually spend all together in a day. It's how we get to Grandmom and Pop-Pop, Grandma and Grandpa, friends and cousins. And that green bag is like my lifeline - nearly the entire organization of my world can be in that bag at one time. I love it :) I slightly decreased the saturation in this one
I chose to photograph a little glass I bought at the thrift store. Because my table is nasty I used a red tablecloth to cover it and add some color, since the glass is transparent and I didn't iron it to add some texture. I set it up in my kitchen in the early morning when I was getting bright sunlight through my big window, like this:
Here are the three I think I like best. These are un-cropped originals, I think in one of them I had to fiddle with the color a bit :)#2. This assignment is about you and creating an storytelling image.
This was fun for me. I tried to think about the things that give me joy in my daily life and the things that define me in a secular way.
This one I fiddled with a tiny bit to brighten it and give it that slight black border. My mom gave me this statue for my birthday a couple years ago and I love having it on my bookself. Her open book is held close but she's aware of the world around her.
This one I didn't even set up - I was making my lunch while we were on a picnic in Ohio last month. I had my camera out just as I was going to eat it :) My husband harasses me about my love of peanut butter and jelly and Cheetos sandwhiches, but they make me so happy. I think this idea is like me in that I do things that are generally normal and good, but I also like to do them my own way :)
This last one is my way of illustrating my love of going and doing. I tried to do it with a suitcase too but I didn't like them - the keys got washed out and I decided I wanted the keys to be a part of my focus - since I spent so much time in the car. My kids and I have taken so many neat adventures in my van, it's how we get ourselves to our house of worship, our schools, our activities, our vacations. We share music in there together, listen to stories and sometimes it's the only time we actually spend all together in a day. It's how we get to Grandmom and Pop-Pop, Grandma and Grandpa, friends and cousins. And that green bag is like my lifeline - nearly the entire organization of my world can be in that bag at one time. I love it :) I slightly decreased the saturation in this one
Labels: Corinne
.jpg)
-b.jpg)
-b.jpg)




6 Comments:
Hooray! You know I love those parallel shadows in the glass pictures. I really like the books one! I like your explanation too. Nice job putting in another object. Love the keys and bag one too. It really is just like you.
beautiful. i'm glad you're enjoying your class. i would like to do that someday.
Those are awesome!! I can see you in those last three pictures. The only other thing I guessed you might photograph is your ipod. ;) I really like them.
I really liked how you captured the light playing off the glass. It made me want to go shoot a similar picture.
You did such fantastic work for these assignments! You should be so pleased. I can't pick a favorite glass image! Love the red.
I am glad you showed us you sandwich picture too....what a great set up! I wish I could say the same about the sandwich! =)
Wonderful work.
I really like these, Corinne. Your composition and line in the goblet images is spot on-they are so distinctive. I love the angle and cropping on the books image-shooting the statue from above was inspired-much more interesting than just shooting straight on. Nice job!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home