Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Erin's Assignment 2

I took these pictures on my deck in the evening time. I got this little vase in Williamsburg and I really liked the clovershape of the lip.
f2.2, 1/3200, 50mm, iso 200
f3.5, 1/1000, 50mm, iso 200


f3.5, 1/4000, 50mm, 200iso

This first one of my pictures about me shows my love for all things baked and sugary. One of my signature deserts is cake cookies...probably the easiest cookies ever in all the world but I make a mean batch, I tell you what.


f5, 1/60, 50mm, iso200
This next one is kind of a failed attempt...I really wanted to do something with my keys and my car and try as I might I couldn't find something that I really thought worked well. So I posed this one because I like the reflection of the keys on the car.


f5.0, 1/250. 50mm, 200iso
How I love these things. Daisies, books, and my kiddos.

f3.5, 1/100, 50mm, iso400

5 Comments:

Blogger Bobblehead-ology said...

My favorite is the second glass picture. Very pretty. Nice job capturing the reflections on the car - they evoke a sense of the places you can travel in the vehicle. I wonder if you had cropped out the window and rearview mirror if you would have liked the composition better. I bet you could have still been able to tell it was a car with the keys.

November 19, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

I love your about you pictures. Fantastic. And I love the reflections also - I think the third one of the glass is my favorite.

November 20, 2008 at 3:21 AM  
Blogger Cami said...

Very nice. I love the books daisies and kiddos one. Very cute. And what is wrong with the car one? I think it's cool. Maybe a little editing work would make you love it.

Good job on the vase too. I think transparent objects are a little tricky.

November 20, 2008 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Beautiful work! I love the vase, and the focus on the lip.

Your cake cookies picture is so great! I love the lighting, it makes it feel so real. I feel like I could just reaching in a pick up and egg! Great capture!

Thanks for sharing!

November 22, 2008 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Nice job, Erin! Your vase is such a beautiful shape and you did gorgeous work with the light and transparency. Your still life studies were great-I liked how each was so different in mood and lighting. Very creative.

November 23, 2008 at 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home