Wednesday, May 20, 2009

april assignment (#7)

I think this is number 7 :) Anyway, doing the self-portrait was fun. I used my 50 which is a bit tricky to do while holding the camera my own self, although I found a couple I like and I found a LOT that hardly had my head in them at all :) AND I finally figured out a fast way to make them a more managable size, so you should be able to click on them this time :)


I tried one normal, with the tripod shot. Here it is:
I'm not completely in focus, I had my aperture too small. Ah well, it does the job.

And for my sequence:
HA~ That silly boy laying on the grass. I FINALLY realized it worked best to turn it into a panel FIRST and THEN process. So much better! BUT, someone, can you help me make his hair less green WITHOUT using photoshop? My computer doesn't have it right now, I just use picnik.

That was fun! Thanks Erin for the good assignment :)

4 Comments:

Blogger erin sheely said...

Love your self portraits! and it's a fun sequence of the tuft.

May 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Cami said...

Those pictures are cute. It helps when you are pretty. I love the sequence too! Very fun. You may get rid of the green just by making the colors less intense and lightening it a bit. But then you'll sacrifice the other colors. Tricky.

May 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

I like the portrait that shows your gorgeous eyes. Very nice colors. As for the greens, I like playing with different sliders in very, very small increments to get the vibrance without blowing out a certain color.

May 26, 2009 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Bobblehead-ology said...

i really like the tufty sequence. the colors, except for the hair, are so jinky - and great expressions. got no tips on the colors though. i don't have either of those programs and don't know what vibrance is. but in gimp, i've been liking the contrast feature - just a little seems to darken the background a tad and brighten the skin. there is a saturate by color feature too that let's you pick one color and amp it up. maybe your programs have something similar.

June 5, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home