Tuesday, November 18, 2008

KJ's assignment #2






I kind of combined the assignments. Getting two kids to sleep at the same time has been pretty elusive in this household. Then when I achieved this great feat, a storm blew over. But this turn of events was good, I thought, in the end since I was able to capture the candlelight of my decorations. I chose to throw together some of my Halloween decor. Halloween is my favorite holiday - no higher meaning to worry about, just the pure fun of candy, costumes, scary movies, haunted houses and giddy screaming.

The specs for the photo above: shutter 1, aperture F5.6, 200 mm. This one is probably my favorite. I like how the glitter from the pumpkin caught the light from the distant window.



shutter 1/3, aperture F5.3, 145mm



I shot this one from a different angle that took out some of the light coming from a window about 15 feet away. Shutter 1/25, aperture F4.2, 75mm



shutter 1/8, a F4, 55mm





I liked the reflections on my countertop in the above photo. Shutter 1/4, aperture F4, 55mm




I liked this one a lot too. I'm not sure why, it just appeals to me. shutter 1/3, aperture F4, 55mm

5 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

Very cool! Look! You already have a reflection one. Great job getting low light shots.

November 18, 2008 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Gorgeous Kathy! Very evocative and moody.

November 18, 2008 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger erin sheely said...

I like that glittery pumpkin too. These are realy fun.

November 19, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

The reflection in the countertop is fantastic!

November 20, 2008 at 3:21 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

These are so cool Kathy! You HAVE to print a few and frame them for decorations next year!! My favorite is the first, and the reflections!

November 22, 2008 at 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home