November - Assignment #3
Hey everyone! I am so happy we had another good turn out for photography group this week! I have THREE assignments this month, because we will not be meeting in December.
1. Photograph a situation. Use as many subjects as you like. Take 12 photographs. (Show us 3) Try to make each image different; change your angle or vantage point, move in close, back up, tilt, crop, etc. What do I mean by situation? I used my kids jumping on my bed as an example. The situation changed (crazy jumping children) and each image was completely different. I will post another example....My daughter and our cherry blossoms. This tree is one of my favorite things about our house, and I wanted to capture the blossoms before they disappeared. Luckily I had a willing subject.

The assignments this month about seeing. We all see things differently. When you start searching for things to photograph you will be surprised how often you notice those things in the future.
2. Shadows. Look for shadows. Try to make the shadow a dominant subject in the photograph. If you a photographing a person, try to make the shadow one of the most interesting things in the photograph. You can photograph many shadow images, but show your best 2 here.
3. Reflections. Reflections are everywhere! Water, mirrors, shinny cars, glass buildings, and more. Use them creatively. Show us 2 examples.
I created a flickr group for us to share more images and be able to comment on each one. It is a PRIVATE group. I will have to invite each member, so if you have a fickr account add me (just.jeri) as a contact and I will add you to the group. I just recently created it, so I will updating it soon. Feel free to start adding to the pool if you are already a member of the group.
a little light flickr
If you haven't had a chance to do your second (or first) assignment please still do it! We want to see!
1. Photograph a situation. Use as many subjects as you like. Take 12 photographs. (Show us 3) Try to make each image different; change your angle or vantage point, move in close, back up, tilt, crop, etc. What do I mean by situation? I used my kids jumping on my bed as an example. The situation changed (crazy jumping children) and each image was completely different. I will post another example....My daughter and our cherry blossoms. This tree is one of my favorite things about our house, and I wanted to capture the blossoms before they disappeared. Luckily I had a willing subject.

The assignments this month about seeing. We all see things differently. When you start searching for things to photograph you will be surprised how often you notice those things in the future.
2. Shadows. Look for shadows. Try to make the shadow a dominant subject in the photograph. If you a photographing a person, try to make the shadow one of the most interesting things in the photograph. You can photograph many shadow images, but show your best 2 here.
3. Reflections. Reflections are everywhere! Water, mirrors, shinny cars, glass buildings, and more. Use them creatively. Show us 2 examples.
I created a flickr group for us to share more images and be able to comment on each one. It is a PRIVATE group. I will have to invite each member, so if you have a fickr account add me (just.jeri) as a contact and I will add you to the group. I just recently created it, so I will updating it soon. Feel free to start adding to the pool if you are already a member of the group.
a little light flickr
If you haven't had a chance to do your second (or first) assignment please still do it! We want to see!

3 Comments:
Thanks for the examples! I have already done two events, and was just going to do a collage just like you! The events I have do NOT have the best lighting, so I'm going for heart rather than technique.
I love the flickr group idea!! Wahoo :)
Sounds fun, Jeri! Thanks for all you do!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home