Friday, November 28, 2008

Cami's Assignments 3.1--Situations

I'm finished with my first part, and I did it TWICE! I did one of Jane in her Johnny Jump Up, and I did one of making pumpkin bread with the boys. Both of these situations have the worst lighting possible. I mean, find a doorframe near a window! And the kitchen is horrible. SO, quality, not fantastic, I did what I could, but I love what I got nonetheless. I'll just show a few of each, but I made a multitude of collages which I put on our Flickr group pool (and a million other places, since I never know exactly which blog people look on--so, sorry if you are sick of looking at them). Go see them there if you'd like, or my photog blog, or my own Flickr site. I'm already bombarding you all with doing this TWICE. Feel free to ignore my over-achievement.

I took these shots at ISO 800 F2.2 with my 50mm lens. Everywhere from 100 to 400 for shutter speed.

This was Jeffy mixing dry ingredients. I just like the flour on the edge of the bowl. It had exactly the look I wanted.


This is the only one I got of both the boys together. I LOVE Jeffy's tongue hanging out. Very typical of him.


I like this one because it shows Ethan in the background having lost interest. He participates off and on in our family activities.

Ok, so on these ones, the color wasn't uniform, so I turned them BW. I've been trying lots of ways to do that, and I am not sure I got the best results, but I'll keep working on it. I took these at ISO 800, F2.2-2.5 and every shutter speed imagineable. Also, it was impossible to choose 3, or even 12 (I cheated and took a million). I have sets of actual jumps, sets of just feet, and a lot of her constant movement, but here's Janey:

This was the best smile I got. She LOVES to jump around. This isn't the best composition, but I didn't crop any of them. I was also trying to show that she was suspended.


I just like her little expression in this one.


This was one of my favorite poses. I love the feet.

There you have it. I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Maley said...

Both of these sets are awesome! I do love that Janie's smile. And isn't it funny how even if your quality isn't perfect you can still capture what you want? I love your pumpkin bread pics.

December 12, 2008 at 6:01 AM  
Blogger erin sheely said...

Yeah, that was totally me. Darn sisters on my computer. :)

December 12, 2008 at 6:02 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

I have looked at these many times. I love the situations you chose. The jumping shots are wonderful...I would love to see more...since I know there are many!

January 12, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home