Monday, January 19, 2009

KJ Assignment #3





I didn't plan to use this set of photos for the assignment. But they work, and I was trying to get different angles on the decorating of the tree - mostly because the house was a wreck and I was trying not to show it. I got a high stepstool and shot a lot looking down. I already downloaded these photos before looking up the settings. But I think I basically bumped up the ISO and the aperture down as much as I could to try to capture the process without a flash. It was night-time, and I thought the flash ruined the soft, cozy lights of Christmas. The picture could have been sharper and most were too blurry, but I didn't want to sacrifice the warm light look.









I liked this shot because it showed how Naomi decorated the tree, left to her own devices.


Any tips on editing out the potty seat from the background?










I still have to do a shadows photo. But here is one from our visit to see the temple lights. I could only get a couple shots because I had the kids by myself. But I liked how the Christmas lights from outside showed in the picture... adding to the sense of wonder and the wonderful when looking at Christ.




4 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

Lovely photos! I love the situation, and the clumped together ornaments is so cute.

That lights reflection with the statue is very interesting! Nice job!

January 19, 2009 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

These are great, Kathy. I love the magical quality of the second one-the light is perfect. As for the porta potty, I would crop the photo a bit, then use the clone stamp in photoshop, then maybe a little vignette effect or the burn tool. I'll email you a 5 minute job to show you what's possible and if you want me to help you do more, I'd be happy to.

January 20, 2009 at 6:00 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Wonderful! I love the decorating the tree shots...and I agree with Kellie, the second one is a favorite.

I didn't get to read the story about the Visitor's center while you were here. It is a great image. What a wonderful way to capture Christmas time at the temple. Lovely!

January 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

I like the situation too - but that one of the Christus is fantastic.

January 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home