Corinne's Assignment #3
1. Photograph a situation:
For my situation, I chose an outing we took to an uninhabited island in North Carolina called Shackleford Banks. The light was lovely and the kids were happy :) Here are my favorite three:
It's funny how my children aren't actually looking at me in any of these pictures. They were too involved in the adventure - maybe that's why I like these best, because for me, they truly reflect the experience.
2. Shadows
I didn't crop this one - it's on a waterfront walk

I was making sugar cookies in the early morning when I noticed that snappy shadow

3. Reflections
Preston had set up these blocks himself. I took pictures at first because I liked the long lines but after I looked at my first pictures, I noticed the reflections and started trying to make that part of the picture as well.

This isn't a particularly amazing picture - but for me, I love how I get both our Thanksgiving meal prep and how lovely the day was outside in one picture :)
For my situation, I chose an outing we took to an uninhabited island in North Carolina called Shackleford Banks. The light was lovely and the kids were happy :) Here are my favorite three:
It's funny how my children aren't actually looking at me in any of these pictures. They were too involved in the adventure - maybe that's why I like these best, because for me, they truly reflect the experience.
2. Shadows
I didn't crop this one - it's on a waterfront walk

I was making sugar cookies in the early morning when I noticed that snappy shadow

3. Reflections
Preston had set up these blocks himself. I took pictures at first because I liked the long lines but after I looked at my first pictures, I noticed the reflections and started trying to make that part of the picture as well.

This isn't a particularly amazing picture - but for me, I love how I get both our Thanksgiving meal prep and how lovely the day was outside in one picture :)

Labels: Corinne




6 Comments:
So great! I can't find a single shadow in the world to take a picture of. (I never actually go OUT into the world, but you know . . . )
I love the sand picture the most. It's so cool. And I like those block reflections! Where did he set those up?
Now I have more ideas for the rest of my pics. Thanks!!
Lovely! Your photographs always tell such a wonderful story. I love the emotion you capture.
We are having group at my house next time...so we will pull these up on my computer. Fun stuff!
i love the blocks too and wanted to know where they were set up. and the beach pictures... aw... i love the beach and am jealous you guys were recently there. great job capturing whatever xavier was throwing and i love the color on the shot of him carrying the twigs with a glimpse of the water in the background. what time of day was it?
Corinne, that's your kitchen table, is it not? It's just very shiny! If you get the right angle on things . . .
Did you enhance the photo (blocks) at all?
Cami - yes, it's just on my kitchen table. I lightened them a tiny bit but that's it :)
I do especially love the Shackleford Banks pictures.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home